Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cats are family.

Look, I don't want to get too sentimental about this, but for lots of us, our pets are our family.

My two are as important to me as real children, although I understand that it's not quite the same as actually reproducing. It's a relative thing. (Ha ha.) As I don't have kids of my own, the furry ones assume the same position as my own crumb-crunchers would.

Is that tortured logic, or what? But I'm sure you get what I mean.

Moneypenny and T-Tail are VERY important to my mental health, too. For all these reasons, I take their well-being seriously. Sometimes I think I go overboard, but that's because they are domesticated and socialized, and they really do rely on me for everything. Food, water, healthcare, subscriptions to Cat-Nip (the weekly news magazine for felines) - it's all up to me.

Oh, and cleaning out the catbox, too. Even that I don't consider a chore. (Okay, I told you I was nuts.)

My cats are my family.

5 comments:

Girl said...

Crazy cat man... :)

Tim said...

Hello Girl! How in the heck are you?

Yes, I am crazy, and getting moreso every day.

Girl said...

I am well and you sound like you are too, crazy or not. Glad that the girls are so inspiring to you :)

You might like this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtX8nswnUKU&eurl=http://www.bloglines.com/myblogs_display?sub=13158114&site=66&feature=player_embedded

Tim said...

Ha ha, that was very funny. And cute. I wonder if she did the camerawork too...it was rather professional I thought.

Girl said...

The bow chicka wow wow was slightly creepy but enjoyable over all :)