Sunday, February 8, 2009

I am a cat nut.

Yep. I'm a total cat nut. Over the years I have tried to figure it out, and came up with the following ideas.

1. I am a reincarnated cat.

2. I am a reincarnated member of Egyptian royalty circa 5000 BC (and worship cats.)

3. There was a misallocation somewhere higher up, and I was supposed to be a cat.

4. I noticed as an infant that my mother treated the cats better than me, and wanted a part of it.

Joking aside, observing, pondering and currying favour with cats makes me feel good. Sometimes (when I'm being particlarly poetic) I think I can see God in cats because they are so perfectly adapted to their environment, so adept at thriving in an often cat-hostile world. In my opinion, cats show us how intelligent design and evolution work together - the two ideas so clearly complement each other (in cats) I don't know why others can't see it.

But enough of that: let's create a world - particularly a domestic world - that's as safe for our precious puss-cats as possible.

No comments: