Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Age shall not weary them

Moneypenny and Miss T0rtoise-Tail are both approaching twelve years old this year. Various sources say that indoor cats generally live somewhere between twelve and sixteen years, although it is possible for them to reach much higher: some have been known to reach into their thirties. (Uncorroborated.)

To my mind, there is a difference between living and just surviving. Staying healthy in those senior years is really important, just as it will be for me. To help, every little thing we do now, for ourselves and our cats, will make a difference. I call them the "one percenters". For me, it's walking a little extra each day, or resisting that muffin. For my girls, it's giving them the best quality food, and keeping their environment as safe as possible.

That's why I'm so keen on getting the junk out of my home, knowing every little thing adds up.


4 comments:

Girl said...

She's a beauty :)

Tim said...

I know! Glad you think so too!

That pic was taken in Kirkland. Oh how I miss that place.

Girl said...

Westus is Bestus.

Tim said...

Yes, Girl. I believe you are correct.